There are types of computer systems in business environment as follows:
1. Transaction processing system – Provides information to management which may utilize it in decision-making.
2. Management reporting system – Assist in decision-making within the organization.
3. Management information system – Provides information to management which may utilize it in decision-making.
4. Decisive support system – Combines models and data to help in problem-solving but with extensive user interpretation needed.
5. Expert system – Uses reasoning methods and data to render advice and recommendations in structured situations where human interpretation isn’t necessary.
6. Executive information system – Systems designed specifically to support executive work.