The 4th industrial revolution is here and digital transformation is now more important than ever. But key challenges need to be addressed before we can realize this vision.
On Wednesday, September 13, 2017, Microsoft will be unveiling the EGG Command Center and EGG Classroom in Cabanatuan City.
The EGG Command Center is built from the H20 EGG Classroom. It creates a local hub to connect all schools in the area and can control bandwidth centrally to all the schools individually. The EGG Command Center is disaster risk management capable, provides water, internet and power at all times.
The EGG Classroom is a container van that has been refurbished into a classroom, which can seat around 30 students and contains tablet computers and a television for projecting lessons. The tablets contain learning materials from DepEd and that Microsoft was able to get Wikipedia onboard the project as well. The van can be transported to far-flung areas via land, sea, or air and is meant to sustain itself through the technology installed inside the unit.
The launch will be attended by key people from education and technology to discuss the country’s digital landscape and how digital transformation makes education accessible and empowers students as well as off-grid communities through the cloud.
Participating in the unveiling together with local government officials and spokespersons from the Dpertment of Education are:
– Governor Czarina Umali
– Bertrand Launay, Managing Director, Microsoft Philippines
– David Tapang, Education Lead, Microsoft Philippines
– DepEd Spokesperson
- Senator Grace Poe
- Governor Susan Yap
- Congressman Neil Abayon
- DepEd Secretary Leonor Briones
- DepEd Usec. Alaine del Pascua
- DepEd Asec. Nepomuceno Malaluan
- D.I.C.T. Secretary Atty. Rodolfo A. Salalima
The following themes shall be discussed in the panel:
– The importance of making education accessible to all in the Philippines
– How technology empowers teachers and students for the future with digital transformation
– Microsoft’s joint commitment with the DepEd on inclusion and providing quality education for all
– How the DepEd and Microsoft are pursuing acessible education for all
In this regard, we invite you to be part of the unveiling of the EGG Command Center in Cabanatuan City.