This morning, I was assigned and first time for the payment of real property taxes in the Province of Bataan. The payment is done at the provincial capitol which is located in Balanga City, the capital of the said Province in the Philippines.
Through this, I have learned that this government agency has a different procedures or steps in paying real property taxes compared to other municipalities, cities and provincial capitols in the country.
This is to share the general steps in the Payment of Real Property Tax (RPT) at the Provincial Capitol of Bataan as I have experienced with details as follows:
1. First step, proceed to the Assessor’s Office to request a Real Property Tax Order of Payment. Please prepare the photocopy of latest Official Receipt(s) of RPT payment for presentation in the assessment of real property.
2. After that, proceed to the Provincial Treasurer’s Office. Present the printed copy of Real Property Tax Order of Payment to secure a Order of Payment which consists of the registered owner, lot no., class, tax declaration no., location, assessed value, year and total tax due.
3. Preparation of payment. The Office of the Treasurer is accepting payments made through cash and manager’s check only. The manager’s check is payable to Provincial Treasurer of Bataan FAO “Payor”.
4. At the Treasurer’s Office, payment of the RPT is made to the cashier. Don’t forget to bring the photocopy of the latest Official Receipt of payment for authentication purposes and the original copy of the Order of Payment. Make sure to have a photocopy of the Order of Payment for the taxpayer’s copy.
5. Finally, as a taxpayer, make sure to have the original Official Receipt(s) after paying the taxes and check the details or particulars written or encoded upon it.
To all the taxpayers kindly inform the authorized person(s) in the respective government offices of any error or omission that you may have discovered in the notices, documents and receipts.
The real property tax due should be paid on or before the due dates to avoid a penalty of 2% per month of deliquency, or fraction thereof.